Great Lakes Information Network
Southwest Lake Michigan Pilot Study
The Southwest Lake Michigan Pilot Study Final Report
Developing an Inventory of Toxic Air Emissions from Area Sources in the Chicago, Milwaukee and Gary Urban Areas, 1993
The SWLM Pilot Study Final Report, released in December 1995, contains the first multistate inventory of toxic air emissions compiled in the United States. It documents a 12-county study of small point and area sources of 49 toxic compounds, using 1993 calendar year data compiled by the air divisions of three states: Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. This effort represents a unique milestone in the continuing effort to quantify and manage the toxic air emissions that impact the water of the Great Lakes Basin. The report also documents development of the inventory software, the Regional Air Pollutant Inventory Development System, and quality control/quality assurance measures undertaken in t
- Executive Summary
- Regional Summary of Pollutant Emissions
- This table (Table 4.1 in the final report) summarizes pollutant emissions by state and region for small sources in the Southwest Lake Michigan Pilot Project Study Area using 1993 calendar year data.
- Table of Contents
Refer to the table of contents when compiling the various components of the report listed below to ensure that you have a complete document in the correct order.
Review the readme.txt file before downloading, viewing or printing the SWLM report.
- Final Report (WordPerfect 5.1 version, 3,543 K; WordPerfect 6.1 version, 1,230 K)
- This file contains the majority of the report, with the exception of pie charts (Figures 4.6-4.35) and tables that were too large; these are available in other files listed below.
- Errata Sheet (or WordPerfect 5.1 version, 72 K)
- This file contains corrections to Appendix C: Wisconsin Toxic Emissions Inventory. Note that the tables and figures presented in Section 4: Results of the report will be affected by these corrections. In particular, note Tables 4-1 and 4-2 and Figures 4-6 through 4-35.
- Figures 4.6-4.35
Charts, First Set (Excel 5.0, 333 K)
Charts, Second Set (Excel 5.0, 212 K)
Please note: The Excel pie charts have been formatted for laser printer output. When the Excel file is opened, the pie chart elements will not be arranged for viewing. To view the pie charts as they will be printed, double click on the pie chart then select the print viewer.
- Table 4.2: Regional Toxic Air Emissions by Inventoried Source
Emissions (Excel 5.0, 278 K)
Total Emissions (Excel 5.0, 278 K)
- Illinois Tables, from Appendix A (WordPerfect 5.1 version, 1,818 K; WordPerfect 6.1 version, 2,067 K)