The U.S. AOC Program Meeting is held annually to review recent developments affecting the program; discuss approaches for implementing delisting targets; build capacity to implement on-the-ground restoration actions; identify opportunities to address AOC restoration priorities; improve linkages between the AOCs, Lakewide Management Plans (LaMPs) and other programs; and consider actions that will strengthen the regional U.S. AOC program.
The meeting is intended for all parties involved in efforts to restore the U.S. Great Lakes Areas of Concern, including members of local AOC groups, state and federal agency staff, LaMP participants, academic partners, consultants, and other interested parties.
Tuesday-Wednesday, March 18-19, 2014
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Ralph Metcalfe Federal Building, Room 331
77 West Jackson Blvd. – Chicago, Illinois
The United States Environmental Protection Agency has scheduled the 2014 Area of Concern Annual Meeting for Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18-19 at the EPA Region 5 Office, Ralph Metcalfe Federal Building, 77 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago. Registration is full; however plenary sessions of the conference will be available via webinar.
Contact: John Perrecone, 312/353-1149, Perrecone.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012; Cleveland, Ohio: Setting Priorities in the AOC Program: Keeping It Going, Getting It Done!
- 2011; Detroit, Michigan: Celebrating Progress; Confronting Challenges; Moving Forward!
- 2010; Buffalo, New York: Advancing Restoration Actions under the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- 2009; Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Implementing Restoration Targets and Achieving On-The-Ground Results for the Great Lakes
- 2008; Ann Arbor, Michigan: Setting Targets, Delisting Impairments and Beyond!
- 2007; Cleveland, Ohio: Achieving Restoration Targets and Sustaining Stewardship
For more information, contact Matt Doss, Great Lakes Commission, 734-971-9135, email@example.com.