The Great Lakes Panel membership is drawn from U.S. and Canadian federal agencies, the eight Great Lakes states and the provinces of Ontario and Québec, regional agencies, user groups, local communities, tribal authorities, commercial interests, and the university/research community.
- GLP Membership List – Updated May 2014
The Great Lakes Panel has several elected leadership positions which include the Panel Chair, Vice Chair, and a Chair for each of the Panel’s three committees (see below). Each elected individual serves a two year term. The current Panel leadership is as follows:
- Panel Chair: John Navarro, Ohio Department of Natural Resources – Division of Wildlife
- Panel Vice Chair: Bob Wakeman, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Research Coordination Committee Chair: Lindsay Chadderton, The Nature Conservancy
- Information/Education Committee Chair: Doug Jensen, Minnesota Sea Grant College Program
- Policy Coordination Committee Chair: Sarah LeSage, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
Eight representatives are elected by the Panel to serve as at-large members on the Panel for a four-year term. The purpose of at-large membership is to help ensure representation from all stakeholders, allowing for individuals to contribute to the mission of the Panel based on special expertise, interest, or advisory capability regarding AIS issues and/or priorities. Current At-large members are listed below.
- Sophie Bull, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
- Lindsay Chadderton, The Nature Conservancy – Great Lakes Program
- Pat Conzemius, Wildlife Forever
- Doug Jensen, Minnesota Sea Grant College Program
- Craig Middlebrook, Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
- Marc Smith, National Wildlife Federaton
- Chris Weeks, North Central Regional Aquaculture Center