Great Lakes Information Network
Comments or questions about Great Lakes Upland Testing and Evaluation for Beneficial Use? Contact at
Great Lakes Upland Testing and Evaluation for Beneficial Use
The Great Lakes Upland Testing and Evaluation for Beneficial Use project, which
concluded in September 2004, involved several activities in support of a regional
upland beneficial uses of dredged material:
- Establishment of project management infrastructure
- Development of a detailed work plan
- Literature search and review
- Consensus-building on testing and evaluation methods and procedures
- Production of an annotated bibliography
- Briefing paper that includes recommended procedures for testing and evaluation
- Detailed scope of work for drafting the upland beneficial use testing and evaluation manual
The two tangible outcomes of the project are a guidance
manual (.pdf) and an accompanying
annotated bibliography (.pdf).
The manual will be used by state officials to evaluate the potential environmental
uses of dredged
For more on the project's background, click here.
For a summary of project activities, click here.
For the list of Project Management Team members, click